Providing Quality Service for 33 Years
C-D Electric was founded in 1971, primarily as a rewind shop. Originally located in Corpus Christi at 1334 Agnes St. in a 2,400 Sq. Ft. building with only two employees.
In 1980 they relocated to a 6,000 sq. ft. facility, located at 617 High Starr. Bill Pittaway started working for C-D Electric in March 1973, and in July 1985 he purchased the shop and become the new owner of C-D Electric.
William J, “Bill” Pittaway, has continued ownership of C-D Electric for over 19 years. He was a proud graduate of King High School in 1972, locally born and raised in Corpus Christi, he continues to give back to the community whenever possible. He sponsors numerous organizations for area high schools, and urges everyone, even his own staff to continue their education.
His hobbies include, but are not limited to, racing in his favorite modified racecar (#37), hunting, fishing, golfing, and spending time with his favorite honey, Mary Majek, which in April 2004, became the new Co-owner.
C-D Electric currently employs nineteen full time employees with three locations. In January of 2003, C-D Electric opened a location in Port Lavaca, which serves the Port Lavaca, Victoria and surrounding area. The Corpus Christi location now operates with two facilities with the combined footage of over 23,000 sq. ft. All three locations provide sales and service of electric motors and testing capabilities up to 4000 horsepower and or 4000 volts.